Private Skills Coaching
I wanted to thank you for raising the bar for my off-road skills this season. I can honestly say that you do a better job of explaining things than both of the skills clinics I have been at with Ned Overend or read in his book.
For instance, he describes or shows you what you should look like and where the weighting should be on the pedals coming into a turn BUT you describe what it should feel like and where to look, how to turn the bike and you find yourself making the turn at the right pitch, balanced and weighted properly- he describes the desired result, you describe the key factors to get that result.
Honestly, by using about 6 key things that you taught me to feel and be aware of my skills shot up so much and so did my confidence.
– X-terra racer Peter Doyle, a few months after just one lesson.
BetterRide’s Individual Lessons have been designed to teach you how to ride
FASTER, more EFFICIENT, BALANCED, in CONTROL and of course how to have more FUN!
Are you ready to create a BetterRide?
COME JOIN US!
Individual Skills Coaching is Guaranteed to Improve your Riding!
Take your skills to a new level while learning from the most experienced skills coach in the US.
Gene Hamilton is a licensed USA Cycling Expert Coach and has over 19 years of coaching experience.
His coaching highlights include coaching many top pro racers (Ross Schnell, Mitch Ropelato, Lynda Wallenfels, Chris Van Dine, ..) and 100′s of riders who just want to get better.
He is passionate about coaching and riding and is a pretty good racer too. In 13 seasons as a pro racer he has won a Silver (2002) and two Bronze Medals (2006, 1999) at the UCI World Masters Championships. In 2019 he won the US National Championships.
All mountain bike clinics, camps and private lessons are guaranteed to improve your riding or your money back.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN DURING
PRIVATE SKILLS COACHING
The skills covered in each lesson will be based on your strengths and weaknesses and your goals.
Listed below are some of the more important skills that we teach.
For private lessons we can work on the skills you choose or have your coach decide what skills to work on based on his evaluation of your riding.
- Correct Body Position
- Balanced Weight Placement
- Vision – How to Look Ahead Correctly
- Bike Set up for Optimal Riding and Control
- Cornering Technique with Take Home Drills
- Advanced Cornering Technique
- How to Brake Effectively
- How to Use Your Brakes for Speed
- Correct Technique for Uphill and Downhill Switchbacks
- How to Clear Large Obstacles
- How to Interpret the Trail to Ride Fast and Smooth
- Course inspection, its purpose and how to gain the most from it
- Timing and creating a race plan
- Physical training
- Visualization techniques to improve your racing before and after each run
- Optimum arousal level, really pumped up, calm and relaxed or some where in between, where do you perform the best? We will find out……..
REGISTER FOR 1-ON-1 SKILLS COACHING
Cost of Private Skills Coaching with Gene Hamilton of BetterRide:
$175.00/ hour with a three hour minimum.
If you would like to add friends/family to your lesson each additional person (limited to two additional riders per private lesson) costs $30.00 per hour.
If you are interested in a private lesson please check Gene’s camp schedule to get an idea of where Gene is and his availability (most private lessons happen on the Tuesday or Wednesday between his camps and in the general area of the camps).
How to Register for a Private Skills Lesson
Please email or call for more information:
email@example.com or call Gene at (970) 261-1869.