Guaranteed to Improve your Riding
Take your skills to a new level while learning from the most experienced skills coach in the US.
Gene Hamilton is a licensed USA Cycling Expert Coach and has over 19 years of coaching experience. His coaching highlights include coaching many top pro racers (Ross Schnell, Mitch Ropelato, Lynda Wallenfels, Chris Van Dine, ..) and 100′s of riders who just want to get better. He is passionate about coaching and riding and is a pretty good racer too, in 13 seasons as a pro racer he has won a Silver (2002) and two Bronze Medals (2006, 1999) at the UCI World Masters Championships. All mountain bike clinics, camps and private lessons are guaranteed to improve your riding or your money back.
What You Will Learn
The skills covered in each lesson will be based on your strengths and weaknesses and your goals. Listed below are some of the more important skills that we teach. For private lessons we can work on the skills you choose or have your coach decide what skills to work on based on his evaluation of your riding.
- Correct Body Position
- Balanced Weight Placement
- Vision – How to Look Ahead Correctly
- Bike Set up for Optimal Riding and Control
- Cornering Technique with Take Home Drills
- Advanced Cornering Technique
- How to Brake Effectively
- How to Use Your Brakes for Speed
- Correct Technique for Uphill and Downhill Switchbacks
- How to Clear Large Obstacles
- How to Interpret the Trail to Ride Fast and Smooth
- Course inspection, its purpose and how to gain the most from it
- Timing and creating a race plan
- Physical training
- Visualization techniques to improve your racing before and after each run
- Optimum arousal level, really amped up, calm and relaxed or some where in between, where do you perform the best? We will find out
How to Register
Private Mountain Bike Skills Coaching with Gene Hamilton of BetterRide Mountain Bike School are at a new recession pricing of only $175.00/ hour with a three hour minimum. If you would like to add friends/family to your lesson each additional person (limited to two additional riders per private lesson) costs $30.00 per hour.
Private Mountain Bike Skills Coaching Head Coach Andy Winohradski are only $125/hour with a three hour minimum. If you would like to add friends/family to your lesson each additional person (limited to two additional riders per private lesson) costs $30.00 per hour.
How to Register for a lesson
Please email or call for more information. To sign up for the lessons click on the buy now button next to lesson you would like (paypal will charge you a $16-24 fee) or pay by check by sending a check to BetterRide, 7529 S. Turkey Creek Rd, Morrison, CO 80465 and email your intention to email@example.com or call Gene at (970) 261-1869.
Pro Racer Review
“I wanted to thank you for raising the bar for my off-road skills this season. I can honestly say that you do a better job of explaining things than both of the skills clinics I have been at with Ned Overend or read in his book. For instance, he describes or shows you what you should look like and where the weighting should be on the pedals coming into a turn BUT you describe what it should feel like and where to look, how to turn the bike and you find yourself making the turn at the right pitch, balanced and weighted properly- he desribes the desired result, you describe the key factors to get that result. Honestly, by using about 6 key things that you taught me to feel and be aware of my skills shot up so much and so did my confidence.”
– X-terra racer Peter Doyle, a few months after just one lesson.