Video clip shot by Gene Hamilton coaching Bryson Martin at Bootleg Canyon. Gene is excited to coach such a faster racer with a poor skills foundation! He took third two weeks ago behind winner, BetterRide coached Mitch Ropelato and 2nd place finisher Mikey Sylvestry yet he can’t corner well (and found out today is vision skills needed some work as well as body position and vision!). We will work on all the core skills in the downhill camp this weekend. With his dedication to learning, doing drills to master those skills and training hard he will be a threat this year.
Notice he carries enough speed to clear the step up after the rollers! The only racers I have coached that have cleared that are Mitch Ropelato and Andrew Pierce (and my asst. coach Greg Minnaar. Once Bryson added his legs into to the pump and got is vision dialed he was flying!
BetterRide coached athlete Mitch Ropelato throwing down at the 2010 Crankworx pump track competition. (Mitch is wearing white t-shirt and has black wrist brace on) Three weeks after breaking his collarbone Mitch wins this competition!
- Greg Minnaar’s Big Mistake In the Last World Cup, Learn From It
- MTB Skills Practice, Make Best Use of Your Time (Hierarchy of MTB Skills)
- Fear, The MTB Skill Killer! (why you are afraid of trail features you have the skill for)
- Easy, Fast Tubeless Tire Fixes for MTB
- BetterRide MTB Camp Grads Tear Up the Sea Otter! (while their coach just gets older and slower! :) )
Ride Better Today
We respect your privacy and HATE SPAM as much as you do. So, we promise to never sell or distribute your e-mail address to anyone.