The reviews on this page are from riders of all levels that have completed BetterRide Mountain Bike Skills Coaching, Camps and Clinics.
Reviews from Passionate Riders
Thank you for creating what has been one of the best learning experiences of our lives. We traveled all the way from Australia to attend your camp in Golden, Colorado and it was worth every penny! Andy was a fantastic teacher with great personal skills. He has our highest commendation for creating a safe, exciting and fun environment for learning.
It is refreshing to find someone who understands their field well enough to be able to deconstruct difficult and often hard to pinpoint concepts. This is a rare talent. We appreciate all of the careful thought that you and Andy have put into creating the mountain bike skills curriculum. The content was well-organized into different sections, and logically progressed from foundational skills (like body position and braking) to more difficult skills (like cornering). It is obvious that you have spent a lot of time not only thinking about how to mountain bike, but also how to teach it to others.
Learning these mountain biking skills has truly made us “betterriders”. Thank you for the opportunity to attend your camp and we look forward to attending a core skills camp #2 !
XC Racer Reviews
I learned more today than in the last 10-11 years of just riding” (in a rushed 3.5 hour lesson, BetterRide camps are 19-22 hours over 3 days!)
Downhill Racer Reviews
We have just gotten back from an awesome trip of downhill riding in Boulder City, Nevada. As a team, we had been talking about heading out there to do a skills camp with Gene Hamilton (www.betterride.net) for quite some time: over the New Year we got the chance to do just that. We arranged to meet up with Gene in Boulder on the 29th for a one-on-one, three-day, Go-Ride team coaching session… boy were we in for a surprise. In the past, when we had talked about doing this camp, we had no idea what to expect. It was a “Gene is a very smart guy and a damn good rider, but most of us already beat him at every race… what does he know that we don’t?” type thing. And to tell the truth, he knows a lot that we don’t. The guy is genius; in just that one camp he completely revised all of our racing skills. From pumping to cornering, vision to breathing, course inspection to eating right… he didn’t miss a beat. Never have we learned so many applicable techniques to mountain biking than riding with Gene for that one three-day span. We here at Go-Ride would like to give Gene a big thank you; you don’t know how much you have helped us.
Thank you for signing up for the BetterRide Newsletter and Mini-Course. To ensure delivery of the newsletter please make sure you add email@example.com to your “friends” or “approved” email address filter. Enjoy the course and create your best ride yet.
Please feel free to browse my site, read comments on our coaching from riders like you (we have coached over three thousand riders from advanced beginners to students like Singlespeed World Champion Ross Schnell and 2010 National Downhill and 4x Champion Mitch Ropelato) and check out more free riding and skill tips on our “updates page“. On facebook? “Like” us on facebook for more video skills tips, news from BetterRide students and a great mtb community, www.facebook.com/BetterRide
Guaranteed to Improve your Riding
Take your skills to a new level while learning from the most experienced skills coach in the US.
Gene Hamilton is a licensed USA Cycling Expert Coach and has over 19 years of coaching experience. His coaching highlights include coaching many top pro racers (Ross Schnell, Mitch Ropelato, Lynda Wallenfels, Chris Van Dine, ..) and 100′s of riders who just want to get better. He is passionate about coaching and riding and is a pretty good racer too, in 13 seasons as a pro racer he has won a Silver (2002) and two Bronze Medals (2006, 1999) at the UCI World Masters Championships. All mountain bike clinics, camps and private lessons are guaranteed to improve your riding or your money back.
The skills covered in each lesson will be based on your strengths and weaknesses and your goals. Listed below are some of the more important skills that we teach. For private lessons we can work on the skills you choose or have your coach decide what skills to work on based on his evaluation of your riding.
- Correct Body Position
- Balanced Weight Placement
- Vision – How to Look Ahead Correctly
- Bike Set up for Optimal Riding and Control
- Cornering Technique with Take Home Drills
- Advanced Cornering Technique
- How to Brake Effectively
- How to Use Your Brakes for Speed
- Correct Technique for Uphill and Downhill Switchbacks
- How to Clear Large Obstacles
- How to Interpret the Trail to Ride Fast and Smooth
- Course inspection, its purpose and how to gain the most from it
- Timing and creating a race plan
- Physical training
- Visualization techniques to improve your racing before and after each run
- Optimum arousal level, really amped up, calm and relaxed or some where in between, where do you perform the best? We will find out
Private Mountain Bike Skills Coaching with Gene Hamilton of BetterRide Mountain Bike School are at a new recession pricing of only $175.00/ hour with a three hour minimum. If you would like to add friends/family to your lesson each additional person (limited to two additional riders per private lesson) costs $30.00 per hour.
Private Mountain Bike Skills Coaching Head Coach Andy Winohradski are only $125/hour with a three hour minimum. If you would like to add friends/family to your lesson each additional person (limited to two additional riders per private lesson) costs $30.00 per hour.
How to Register for a lesson
Please email or call for more information. To sign up for the lessons click on the buy now button next to lesson you would like (paypal will charge you a $16-24 fee) or pay by check by sending a check to BetterRide, 7529 S. Turkey Creek Rd, Morrison, CO 80465 and email your intention to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gene at (970) 261-1869.
“I wanted to thank you for raising the bar for my off-road skills this season. I can honestly say that you do a better job of explaining things than both of the skills clinics I have been at with Ned Overend or read in his book. For instance, he describes or shows you what you should look like and where the weighting should be on the pedals coming into a turn BUT you describe what it should feel like and where to look, how to turn the bike and you find yourself making the turn at the right pitch, balanced and weighted properly- he desribes the desired result, you describe the key factors to get that result. Honestly, by using about 6 key things that you taught me to feel and be aware of my skills shot up so much and so did my confidence.”
– X-terra racer Peter Doyle, a few months after just one lesson.
- Asheville, NC Mountain Bike Camp w/ Gene Hamilton of BetterRide
- Asheville, NC MTB Skills Refresher Camp
- Austin, TX Skills Refresh, Skills Application, Subtleties, Trail Strategy Mountain Bike Camp
- Austin, TX Mountain Bike Camp, With Gene Hamilton of BetterRide
- Austin, TX Mountain Bike Camp, With Gene Hamilton of BetterRide
- BetterRide Story
- Cancellation Policy
- Chip MacClaren
- Core Skills
- Dante Harmony and Jackie Harmony
- Don Bogardus
- Downhill & Enduro Mountain Bike Camp w/Gene Hamilton
- Downhill and Enduro MTB Coaching
- Durango, CO Downhill/Enduro Skills Mountain Bike Camp w/Gene Hamilton
- Durango, CO Mountain Bike Camp w/BetterRide Founder Gene Hamilton
- Dylan Renn
- Enduro Mountain Bike Camp, Moab, UT
- Fairfax, VA Mountain Bike Camp, Virginia MTB Camp
- Fairfax, VA Mountain Bike Skills Camp Refresher
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Fruita, CO Women’s Mountain Bike Camp with BetterRide Founder Gene Hamilton
- Gene Hamilton
- Have Way More Fun!
- Improve Your Confidence!
- Index Page
- Jeff Ferrell
- Moab Mountain Bike Camp
- Moab Mountain Bike Camp with BetterRide
- Moab, UT Skills Refresh Mountain Bike Camp
- Mountain Bike Camp Dates and Location
- Mountain Bike Camp Fruita, Colorado
- Mt Hood, OR Mountain Bike Camp w/BetterRide Founder Gene Hamilton
- My Account
- Park City, UT Mountain Bike Camp w/Gene Hamilton, Founder of BetterRide
- Ride Fast and Efficient!
- Scottsdale, AZ Mountain Bike Camp with Gene Hamilton of BetterRide
- Sedona Mountain Bike Camp With BetterRide Founder Gene Hamilton
- Skills Coaching Overview
- Terms and Conditions
- The Ten Most Common Mountain Biking Mistakes
- Winter Park, CO Mountain Bike Camp w/Gene Hamilton founder of BetterRide
- Winter Park/Fraser Women’s Mountain Bike Camp w/Gene Hamilton
- Mental Training
- Mountain Bike Camps
- Mountain Bike Skills Coaching
- Reviews From Passionate Riders
- Thank You
- XC Racer Reviews
- Downhill Photos
- Downhill Racer Reviews
- XC Race Camps
- Women’s MTB Camps
- Downhill Coaching
- Private Coaching
- Rider Reviews
- Coach Bios