We need more people like this guy in this world. Did you know we have a similar program here in the US? I have volunteered for the Denver chapter before. The organization it is http://www.tripsforkids.org/ and they take troubled kids mountain biking. It was a very moving experience, tough kids with criminal records from a detention center. It was quite the learning experience. The kids were from Denver yet had never been to the mountains (a short bus ride from Denver). At first they were getting frustrated, a few got really upset (when they make a mistake or couldn’t make it up a hill) and some even cried. After a little encouragement and some small mountain bike successes they were smiling, laughing and having a great time. As a snowboard coach I learned that sport is a metaphor for life and helping people over come challenge can really help their self esteem. I didn’t realize how much can be gained in a couple of hours though. This had a profoundly positive effect on the kids. Check the website for a chapter in your area or if you have the time start one!
- Three Issues Keeping You From Mountain Biking at Your Best, Part 3
- Three Issues Keeping You From Mountain Biking at Your Best, Part 2
- Women’s Mountain Bike Camp Review and Advice from BetterRide Student
- Three Issues Keeping You From Mountain Biking at Your Best, Part 1
- Mountain Bikers, Increase Your Power by 10-40% in Three Days!
Ride Better Today
Subscribe to our BetterRide Newsletter for your FREE online course & FREE monthly riding tips!
We respect your privacy and HATE SPAM as much as you do. So, we promise to never sell or distribute your e-mail address to anyone.